So you have been thinking about how caffeine impacts your body and you want to be more mindful of your caffeine. Great! But how do you keep your energy high? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
7 Tips for Energizing without Caffeine
Here are our top tips to keep your energy high, of course these are on top of getting enough good sleep
- Exercise or go for a walk- Exercise is a great way to get your body moving and heart pumping to give you the boost of energy you need! Try walking to work or just going for a lap around the office or block in the middle of the afternoon.
- Eat a healthy breakfast- Everyone says breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it’s true! Eating a healthy and balanced breakfast will give you the fuel you need to start the day right.
- Drink extra water- Staying hydrated keeps you energized. Amy Bortnick, Registered Dietitian of active.com explains “Dehydration leads to fatigue because it impacts the flow of oxygen to the brain and causes your heart to work harder to pump oxygen to all your bodily organs, making you more tired and less alert. By staying hydrated, you stay energized."
- Listen to upbeat music- Who doesn’t love a good dance party? Get your energy up in the morning by listening to your favorite upbeat jams either during your workout or on your way to work!
- Drink a delicious cup of Savorista Kenyan Craft Decaf- We know that you love your coffee ritual, so enjoy a cup (or multiple cups!) of Kenyan Sunset without the caffeine crash. Take a moment to clear your head and think about what you are grateful for and looking forward to today.
- Get outside during lunch- Sometimes all you need is some vitamin D, so take your lunch outside during your break!
- Take a power nap- And if all else fails, take a 20 minute power nap. This really can do wonders for your energy! If you don't work for a new-age company with a nap pod, you could try what others in the Savorista community have done: nap in the car, on a park bench, hiding under the desk, or even in the bathroom stall (no judgement from us, we've all fallen asleep in places we aren't proud of before).
For more ideas…
"13 Ways to Boost Your Energy Every Morning- Without Caffeine" by Thrive Global"27 Ways to Boost Your Energy Without Caffeine" By Health
"25 Non-Coffee Ways to Boost Your Energy Levels" By Best Life"The Many Wonders of Water- 6 Reasons to Drink Up" By Active
“How to Energize without Caffeine” by Women’s Health